Mounting a fan pointing at your extruder can help cool down layers as they are laid to help prevent blobbing on .1mm prints.
Derived from Ian Johnson's fan duct:
Mount changed to accept magnets and adjustment screw to fine tune mounting angle.
Full installation instructions can be found here.
- Print duct and mount. Full credit to Ian Johnson for designing the originals.
- Use a vice to push in 1/4 x 1/4 inch magnets.
- Use acetone or glue to attach mount to duct.
- Drill out hole on mount to accept screw of your choice. Insert screw, cutting a thread in the plastic as you go.
- Insert 40mm fan and mount on Solidoodle extruder. Adjust screw to get duct parallel to bed.
- Wire up fan and enjoy!