Once assembled, the Acrylic Extruder Assembly is usually very reliable, but over time repeated heating and cooling cycles may cause stress fractures and eventually crack. Over tightening of bolts may also cause some small parts to break.
This guide is intended to walk the user through assembling the acrylic extruder.
You will need the following tools:
- 2.5 mm Hex Driver
- 4mm Hex Driver
- 5.5 mm Socket Wrench (or adustable wrench)
If you disassembled the acrylics yourself, or ordered the acrylics in the store, you should already have the required hardware. Make sure you have all of the following before proceeding.
|1||M5 Large washer|
|4||M5 Small Washer|
|2||M3 Small Washer|
|4||M3 Lock nuts|
You should also have all of the following acrylics.
Assemble Base Acrylics
- Insert M3x22 Bolts into "A" as shown below
- Flip Assembly over and place one "C" over bolts as shown
- Add "E", "F", and "G" to assembly.
- Add HEX head bolts to parts "E" and "F", and the M3x30 SKH to part "G".
- Add the remaining "C" to the assembly, making sure the bolt heads are situated properly.
- Add "K" and then "L" to assembly
- Add lock nut to topmost bolt
- Carefully flip assembly over.
Asemble Acrylic Swing Arm
|D||2||Small M5 Washer||4|
|M3 Lock nut||2|
- Insert M3x20 and M5x15 bolts through front of "H" and flip over. The flat side should now be on the left, and the bottommost hole should be unused.
- Place 2 of the small M5 washers, followed by the the bearing and remaining 2 washers over the M5 bolt
- Place remaining acrylics over bolts in the following order, making sure each part is oriented with the flat edge to the left: D, H, D, J.
- Add lock nuts to both M3 bolts and Screw M5 bolt into part J to complete assembly
- Line up unused holes from the swing arm assembly with the appropriate holes in the base assembly
- Insert Remaining M3x20 SCK bolt through front of Assembly and add lock nut
- Close swing arm and add hardware in the following order: Large M5 washer, M3 washer, Spring, M3 washer, Thumb nut.
**Congratulations! You have now fully assembled your acrylic extruder!